after picnic lunch we went on with the game drive,
Ruaha is very broad you can do game drive for one week n=but still you will never finish
Mountain Climbing Equipment recommended for each Climber.
1. Warm Hat
2. Sun glasses
4. Suncream for your face
5. Cotton head scarf
6. warm/rain jacket
7. warm/rain trouser
8. Good quality trekking boots
10. Wool socks up to 6 pairs for trekking trips.
11. Day pack which you will carry daily
12. Head torch with batteries
13. Adjustable trekking sticks.
14. Sleeping bag of 10 degrees centigrade/50 degrees Fahrenheit
15. Cotton shirts, trousers, and walking shorts
16. Undershirt and underwear
17. Warm gloves
18. Water purification tablets otherwise highly recommended that you use bottled
19. Altitude sickness medicine – but better consult with your doctor just incase
you are allergic to some medicine.
20. Small Towel
21. Your favorite Snacks/Energy food (few chocolates or energy bars for each day on
the climb) which are not bulky.
22. Camera with films for memorable picture
MARANGU ROUTE 5 DAYS 4 NIGHTS. PRICE - please ask.
This is the easiest route to the summit of Kilimanjaro, sometimes called the Coca-Cola Route. The Marangu route takes you at a gentle pace through forests, moorlands and then across The Saddle, a high-altitude desert separating the main summit, Kibo, 5896m, from craggy Mawenzi, 5149m, to Kibo Hut. From here an early start is made for the ascent to Uhuru Point (the highest top of Kibo). The path zig-zags up steep scree which is easier to climb when frozen. The views from the crater rim at Gillman's Point at dawn can be spectacular. Uhuru Peak lies a further 1h30min. around the rim. Accommodation on the mountain is in comfortable huts. You will need a sleeping bag, warm clothes and walking poles. This is a tough walking trip but within the limits of a fit individual used to walking in mountain areas. 1. Drive to Marangu Gate. Walk through the rain forest to Mandara hut (4h, 2743m). 2. Leave the forest and cross open moor land to Horombo hut (5h, 3760m). 3. Walk through moorland then across The Saddle to Kibo hut (5h, 4730m). 4. Very early start for the summit on steep scree up to Gillman's Point (5h, 5681m), continue to Uhuru Peak (1h30min., 5895m). Descend to Kibo Hut for lunch and a rest before descending to Horombo hut (about 13h total walking time). 5. Descend to Marangu gate (5h). Drive back to the Moshi town.